Conceptual Ideals of Design for the C14 Special Station
- Presentation of the historical and cultural contexts of the new and old tracks.
- Preservation of the good values in the historical memories and cultural assets.
- Retention of Rail 1 and Rail 2 for the existing platform and assignment of Rail 3 and Rail 4 to the C14 Station.
Extension of Greenbelts at the Station
- The Kaohsiung Port Station is located at a place with a wide range of hinterland. The grassland where the old rails were constructed is a feature of the park. The station is merged in the environment and becomes part of the earth art by growing plants on the roof with the concept of extension like a colored ribbon.
- The effect of the extending greenbelts converges the station in this wide grassland. However, it does not affect the volume of the station. The passthrough of the station and the curve of the shape interact with the old platform in a penetrating way.
A Thin Layer of Plants on the Roof
- Vertical planting + a thin layer of plants on the roof. The strip-like roof seems an extension of the existing grassland. The roof has a rail-styled shape in trimming. With a thin layer of plants on the roof, the shelter looks like part of the existing grassland when looking down at the station.
Bright Finished Stainless-Steel Ceiling
- The ceiling is constructed with bright finished stainless steel that reflects every hue in the surroundings, creates more fun, and brings down the existence of the volume.
Merged Hidden Design
- The lines of the roof and the selected materials integrate the design of the C14 shelter and the existing environment of the Kaohsiung Port Station.
- With proper design techniques, the new building not only preserves the integrity of the existing environment, but also manifests its independent characteristics.